I’ve been getting more and more requests to review audio dramas. I’ve decided, for my own future sanity, that there should be some simple guidelines. If you do not follow these guidelines, you will be put on a waiting list until I have the time and no other obligations to deal with. It might be a short wait, or it might be long. My advice is to read the directions carefully. If you have any questions, post in the comments below.
1. All requests must be sent to email@example.com
If you respond on Twitter or Facebook, I’ll kindly point you in the direction of the e-mail address listed above.
2. Use the following subject header (minus the quotation marks) “ADR Request: YOUR TITLE HERE” (Yes, put the title in all caps).
I’ve recently set up a filter in my inbox to sort all messages of this type, again for my future sanity.
3. If the work is free post a link to the iTunes feed or the file itself, whichever one works best for you. Note that any file made for purchase by the general public that I may receive will NOT be shared in any way shape or form.
4. Make sure there is a beginning, middle, and end for the work you are submitting—whether that be a full season or the complete series. Shorts are also acceptable, so long as the abide by the guidelines above.
In the message of the e-mail, be sure to include relevant Twitter accounts and Facebook pages so that notifications can be sent on when the review is published.
Depending on if I’m reviewing an entire season or an audio drama short, the amount of time it takes to listen and write the review will vary.
EDIT 2017: Please address your requests to Zane or Michael in the body of the email you send to the request email address. If you don’t care who reviews it, just the standard information above will suffice.
Currently in the Queue:
- Endurance Episodes 7-12
- Snow White, produced by Voices in the Wind
- Wooden Overcoats Season 1
If a show you requested is not listed. It’s because trying to listen to more than 2-3 shows at a time is confusing and my time is stretched thin as it is. That and I feel my attention would be unfairly divided between them. I will do my best to update this page after each review is published.